There are around 80 million people living with a disability in the EU. This is more than 15% of the European population. Different types of disabilities lead to different limitations and needs.
Those affected would like to be able to live a more self-determined, independent and fulfilled life in their own comfortable home despite their limitations. Modern technologies can help with this! Smart technical aids are generally available and affordable nowadays. If one knows how to use them skilfully, one can lead a more active, self-determined, independent and socially integrated life despite a disability.
With our training offers, we would like to explain to those affected, their relatives, friends and professional specialists what technological options are available, what needs they fulfil and how to set them up and use them.
- Research on the needs of the people with disabilities on their home
- Training courses on an interactive e-learning platform, the content of which will deal with the installation of various domotics/home automation technologies in the home environment.
- Open up a new world of opportunities and possibilities for people with disabilities and special needs to live a more independent, autonomous, safe, healthy, comfortable and stimulating life in their own homes
- Create better life conditions for the different groups with some disability, focusing on their daily life and achieving a more autonomous, independent, and healthy life, making a more equality society removing any possible discrimination.
- PR1: Guide to needs, problems, interests, and solutions in the own home for people with a physical, mental, sensory, neurological or organic disability.
- PR2: Course for adapting Smart Homes for independency and autonomy of people with disability
- PR3: Innovative, interactive learning platform to improve the autonomy of people with disabilities at home
Timespan of the project:
01/02/2022 – 31/07/2024